If you would like to send email from an external email account you own using GMail then please follow the steps below.
- Login into your GMail account and click on Settings menu as show in the attached snap shot.
- Then click on the Accounts and Import tab on the Settings page.
- Then click on Add another email address you own link as shown in the attached snap shot.
- Once you click on it a popup opens up where you can enter the external email address from which you will send the email from.
- After clicking on Next Step another page opens up which shows the mail server address as well as an option to add the password for that account.
- If you entered the details correctly then GMail will send a verification code on that email address to verify whether you own that email address or not. If you own it then just go into that email account, check your email, copy the verification code sent by GMail in the input box and your account is all set up.After completing the above steps you will now be able to send email from the email account you have just entered using GMail interface.
Hope the above helped. Comments and suggestions are welcome.